Real Estate Talk

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How's the market?


I get that question all the time. The answer: the market's great, dive in! The market is leveling. It's not quite a buyer's market but it's also not the seller's market that it used to be. The spring market is right now so if you're waiting until March or April to start looking for a home because you think that's when the spring market is, you won't be getting the jump on those folks who are waiting just like you. Get out there now and begin your search. The housing market in the DC area will remain strong for a long time. This area is experiencing record low unemployment so all those folks who are finding jobs in the area also need housing. Our unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country.

DC continues to offer the $5,000 tax credit too. What that means to you if you are a first time home buyer is that you can take $5,000 off the taxes you owe. That's so cool!

If you're selling your home and you want to get top dollar, look at your home with a buyer's eye. Ask yourself if you were buying your home, what would you like or dislike about it. Buyers want perfection. Think of it like you're selling your car. If you were selling your car, wouldn't you clean it up, get it detailed maybe or anything else you could do to make it shine? Think about your house that way. If it would be useful to you for me to send you an email of tips to get your house ready for sell, let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

Having an open house this Sunday at my new listing at 122 S St. NW. Go to my website and get more information. Here's a photo.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is really good information. Everyone says the market is cooling but you don't seem to agree. I hope when I'm ready to sell my house I can get close to a million for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home