Real Estate Talk

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Let the fun begin!

Exactly one year ago I turned out the light in my office at 1201 F St. NW for the last time. I left my full time job with the National Federation of Independent Business and started my real estate career. I haven't looked back.

Had an open house yesterday at 1150 K St. It's a great new building downtown and if I had the $555,000 for a two bedroom, I might consider it. A few people came by and one person seemed interested in buying one of the units. We'll see. I have another open house today at my listing at 3468 24th St. SE Jan. is usually a slower month than Feb. or March but people are still out looking. 2005 was a good year for real estate and 2006 will be just as good. It may not set the records as in past years but it will still be a great year nonetheless. Real estate economists are predicting at least a 3.5% increase in home sales this year. That's pretty good. and if the unemployment rate continues to go down and the job market remains strong, home sales will continue to be strong. I read in Realtor Magazine yesterday that the rate of foreclosures may go up this year though. The reason: a lot of people bought homes a few years ago that they could only marginally afford and as interest rates go up and their payments go up, they are going to face losing their homes. More and more mortgages are late more than 30 days. It will be an interesting year.
My realtor association will release statistics on home sales in the DC area for 2005 soon and I'll post them here when I get them It should be interesting to look at.

What about those Redskins! It was an ugly win but a win nonetheless. The offense has got to at least show up for the game because if they keep playing the way they played yesterday, there's no way they will beat Seattle next Saturday. I don't think the Redskins will make it to the Super Bowl though. To do that they will have to win every game they play from now on and I don't think they have it in them, looking at how they played yesterday. Joe Gibbs does find a way to win though so it will be great to watch.

Anyway, my day it about to start so I'm going to sign off now. Enjoy the rest of yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home