Real Estate Talk

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Is it cool yet?


Everybody wants to know if the housing market is cooling yet. My answer to that is no it's not, it's just leveling out. Granted the market has been a little overheated of late but it's a long way from cooling. I think when the weather warms you will see such an uptick in the market that all the Chicken Little pundits will be surprised. Also the rental market is picking up too. What does that mean? Buyers who are trying to figure this out this market but aren't having any luck are deciding to wait it out to see what will happen. Also sellers who have had trouble selling their homes for whatever reason are now willing to become landlords so there's more rental inventory. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out tin the coming months.

In the meantime, I'm busier than I've ever been. I have several buyer meetings set up in the next several weeks, I have two closings this month and I have a new listing and a couple more coming in April. I love my job!

The new listing photo is to the right. The house is located at 812 Buchannan St. NE in Brookland. It's 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, beautiful hardwood floors, lots of space, newly renovated, big backyard and parking in the rear for two cars. If you'd like to see it, come to the open house this Sunday 1-4. Check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger kob said…

    Just found your blog. Agree, it does seem more of a leveling off although I'm still at a loss to understand why people are willing to pay so much more for a tiny condo than it can possibly rent for. Is the speculative side of the condo market dead as well?

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger dcbubble.blogspot said…

    leveling off is cooling given how hot the market was. maybe this is a post about semantics.

    www.dcbubble.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home